Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powder
    replied
    See, I do not think that the new MCU needs to have Wolverine for the foreseeable future. Wolverine's story has been told over of the course of 9 movies and 17 years. If Jackman was to come back for a part in WandaVision, or in Deadpool 3 (as both RR and HJ want that), then good and I'm all for it.

BUT we definitely do NOT need anymore Wolverine than that.

Move on with the MCU, we do not need anymore reboots. The X-Men franchise had a trilogy, then they rebooted and had 4 more movies, with Wolverine being in 6 of the 7, and we definitely do not need anymore X-Men movies. I would have HJ make an extended cameo in WV then be a part of DP3, and send him on his way. Then recast Wolverine maybe in about 5-10 years from now.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Guts
    replied
    I know Hugh Jackman said he would play Wolverine again if Deadpool was involved but they've done so much with that casting that I can't help but wonder how much longevity it has left. HJ as Wolverine is as much of my childhood as anyone's, but if (re: when) they're gonna recast the role what better time than now?

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    Well then we are back to Deadpool and Wolvie....no recasting needed.

Leave a comment:

• Rob S.
    replied
    She's currently starring in His Dark Materials on HBO

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    Dafne Keen is Laura (X23), and she is now 16, much more grown up than in Logan. She would be a great choice to bring in and infiltrate the Hex. But has she calmed down and able to control her rage?

Leave a comment:

• meandi
    replied
    Too soon for legacy characters, unless you’re specifically talking about her reprise X23. But if that’s the case, no... still too soon.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    Hmmm...Now that could be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Guts
    replied
    How about the girl from Logan?

Leave a comment:

• meandi
    replied
    The reason Norton left has been well documented for years. He wanted to change the ending and put a more... creative/psychological feel to the character instead of just “Hulk smash” everything in sight. He wasn’t bad, whatsoever in the role. I enjoyed it. But he wasn’t a good fit overall when they realized they were going for huge ensemble movies after the early successes of the movies. Also, with that only being the second MCU movie at the time, I understand why they would initially go with Norton over someone like Ruffalo... he had way more name recognition at the time.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    Edward Norton was not bad. He also was supposed to be Banner in the Avengers franchise, but I forget why he pulled out. Ruffalo is amazing, but Norton was not terrible.

Take this for what you will:

The real reason Marvel fired Edward Norton from Avengers, replaced him with Mark Ruffalo as Hulk

Edward Norton’s controlling nature on set, and his insistence on controllinf the production was said to be the reason why Marvel didn’t want to work with him again after The Incredible Hulk.

One of the few blindspots of the record-breaking Marvel Cinematic Universe is 2008’s The Incredible Hulk -- the second film of the series, and also its lowest grossing. If all had gone as planned, Edward Norton would still be playing Hulk in the Avengers movies, but because of behind-the-scenes flare-ups, he was replaced by Mark Ruffalo.

After the release of the film, it was widely reported that Edward Norton was difficult to work with on set, and that he insisted on rewriting the script himself. This piece of information was corroborated recently by Norton himself, when during the roast of Bruce Willis he said, “I tried to be like you. I did a big action movie called The Incredible Hulk. You know what went wrong? I wanted a better script.” According to Deadline, one Marvel insider described Norton as a “wolf in the hen house.”

In 2010, shortly before announcing The Avengers at the San Diego Comic Con, Feige released a statement clarifying why Norton was let go. “Our decision is definitely not based on monetary factors,” Feige said, “but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.”
    Last edited by Powder; 02-09-2021, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• meandi
    replied
    Seeing as how Feige and friends have yet to disappoint with a casting choice (minus Terrence Howard and Edward Norton), I have faith they will find someone that would be just as good as Jackman.

As to your question, Buzzard- it’s still unclear on the casting choices for other mutants showing up. It was originally reported Reynolds would be the only person crossing over from Fox, but Evan Peters as recently shown that’s not necessarily the case anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Powder
    replied
    There is no way anyone but Jackman can play Wolverine. This is NOT the same as the 1 and done Nicholson and Ledger. Jackman has been portraying Wolverine for 20 years through 9 movies: X1, 2, 3, Origins, The Wolverine, XMFC, DOFP, Apocalypse, and Logan.

He is the definitive Logan/Wolverine. Either have Jackman or retire the character.

Same thing for Deadpool. DP is Ryan Reynolds, and RR only.

Leave a comment:

• Buzzard Guts
    replied
    Hugh Jackman or a new generation recast?

Leave a comment:

• meandi
    replied
    Powder- I don’t see Wolverine being introduced in this. Your reasoning is solid, but there’s a rumor that Wolvie just might be making his debut in Falcon and Winter Soldier.

edit...

“Rumor” isn’t the correct word; let’s say “speculation” instead.
    Last edited by meandi; 02-06-2021, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rob S.
    replied
    Elizabeth Olsen has been fantastic, alternating between sympathetic and terrifying. We may already have a Dr Strange connection if Dottie is really Clea, which is a theory that's out there, but yeah I heard he's showing up in this as well. This has so many forthcoming ramifications.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X