No announcement yet.

WandaVision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double post, but HOLY SHIT... this week’s episode.

Comment

Hoo Boy! That was something. This is getting out of control. So good! And without spoiling anything for anyone......it has begun!
      Last edited by Rob S.; 02-05-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Holy shit!!!!

Merger!!!!

Comment

Seeing as how we seem to be the only three in here, and we've all seen each episode, I'm declaring an open discussion...

1) Evan Peters seems to be the initial catalyst for both introducing the multiverse and also starting to incorporate the X-Men

2) Monica mentioned she knows "an engineer" that could probably help get through the barrier (along with Darcy bringing up cosmic radiation last week)... there is speculation that this person is Reed Richards, and they just back-doored the First Family in this way

3) Wanda crossing through the barrier and confronting the real world and saying "this is your only warning... stay out of my home" legit sent shivers through my spine. I said this last week, but this show is showing just how good Elizabeth Olsen is as an actress. She was decent in AoU and got better in Civil War and then Infinity War. Come End Game when she squared off with Thanos, I was really impressed, but now I'm just completely enamored with her... especially after Kevin Feige has come out and said she's the most powerful person in the MCU.

So, yeah... discuss gentlemen.

Comment

From my understanding Doctor Strange 2 is all about the mutliverse, and will eventually make an appearance in the show leading into DS2. Also SM3 also tackles the multiverse since literally everyone is now signed on to the movie.

Evan Peters is the catalyst, yes. But as I was saying to friends yesterday that Deadpool and Wolverine should be recruited by SWORD to infiltrate the Hex as both of their minds self heal, which is exactly why Wolvie was selected to be the one to use in DOFP. Besides, how awesome would Deadpool be in the sitcom of WandaVision?!?!?!?

Regardless, we only have a few more episodes, and my favorite moment of yesterday's episode was Monica's reaction to the mention of Captain Marvel as she and her mom are both in Capt. Marvel, and Monica is in CM2.
            Last edited by Powder; 02-06-2021, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Elizabeth Olsen has been fantastic, alternating between sympathetic and terrifying. We may already have a Dr Strange connection if Dottie is really Clea, which is a theory that's out there, but yeah I heard he's showing up in this as well. This has so many forthcoming ramifications.

Comment

Powder- I don’t see Wolverine being introduced in this. Your reasoning is solid, but there’s a rumor that Wolvie just might be making his debut in Falcon and Winter Soldier.

edit...

“Rumor” isn’t the correct word; let’s say “speculation” instead.
                Last edited by meandi; 02-06-2021, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Hugh Jackman or a new generation recast?

Comment

There is no way anyone but Jackman can play Wolverine. This is NOT the same as the 1 and done Nicholson and Ledger. Jackman has been portraying Wolverine for 20 years through 9 movies: X1, 2, 3, Origins, The Wolverine, XMFC, DOFP, Apocalypse, and Logan.

He is the definitive Logan/Wolverine. Either have Jackman or retire the character.

Same thing for Deadpool. DP is Ryan Reynolds, and RR only.

Comment

Seeing as how Feige and friends have yet to disappoint with a casting choice (minus Terrence Howard and Edward Norton), I have faith they will find someone that would be just as good as Jackman.

As to your question, Buzzard- it’s still unclear on the casting choices for other mutants showing up. It was originally reported Reynolds would be the only person crossing over from Fox, but Evan Peters as recently shown that’s not necessarily the case anymore.

Comment

Edward Norton was not bad. He also was supposed to be Banner in the Avengers franchise, but I forget why he pulled out. Ruffalo is amazing, but Norton was not terrible.

Take this for what you will:

The real reason Marvel fired Edward Norton from Avengers, replaced him with Mark Ruffalo as Hulk

Edward Norton’s controlling nature on set, and his insistence on controllinf the production was said to be the reason why Marvel didn’t want to work with him again after The Incredible Hulk.

One of the few blindspots of the record-breaking Marvel Cinematic Universe is 2008’s The Incredible Hulk -- the second film of the series, and also its lowest grossing. If all had gone as planned, Edward Norton would still be playing Hulk in the Avengers movies, but because of behind-the-scenes flare-ups, he was replaced by Mark Ruffalo.

After the release of the film, it was widely reported that Edward Norton was difficult to work with on set, and that he insisted on rewriting the script himself. This piece of information was corroborated recently by Norton himself, when during the roast of Bruce Willis he said, “I tried to be like you. I did a big action movie called The Incredible Hulk. You know what went wrong? I wanted a better script.” According to Deadline, one Marvel insider described Norton as a “wolf in the hen house.”

In 2010, shortly before announcing The Avengers at the San Diego Comic Con, Feige released a statement clarifying why Norton was let go. “Our decision is definitely not based on monetary factors,” Feige said, “but instead rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members.”
                        Last edited by Powder; 02-09-2021, 08:58 AM.

Comment

The reason Norton left has been well documented for years. He wanted to change the ending and put a more... creative/psychological feel to the character instead of just “Hulk smash” everything in sight. He wasn’t bad, whatsoever in the role. I enjoyed it. But he wasn’t a good fit overall when they realized they were going for huge ensemble movies after the early successes of the movies. Also, with that only being the second MCU movie at the time, I understand why they would initially go with Norton over someone like Ruffalo... he had way more name recognition at the time.

Comment

How about the girl from Logan?

Comment

Hmmm...Now that could be interesting.

Comment

Too soon for legacy characters, unless you’re specifically talking about her reprise X23. But if that’s the case, no... still too soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X