Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't seen the trailer or anything about it...I'll look into it, but to be fair, I haven't seen a Mortal Kombat game since '99.

Comment

• Is anyone as excited as me for Godzilla vs Kong?

Comment

• This guy right here is. Between GvK, JL Snyder Cut and Mortal Kombat, my inner geek is WOKE.

Comment

• GvK is my wet dream coming true. Ever since I was a kid, one of my all time favorite movies has always been King Kong vs Godzilla. And I have been waiting since 1993 when Jurassic park came out for this movie. When I saw Godzilla and GKOTM in the theaters I could not contain myself.

Comment

• So you on Godzilla's side? I'm backing the King. Word is there will be a definitive winner and loser.

Comment

• Always rooting for Godzilla. Always.

And the tag line is 'One Will Fall'.

My best guess is this (and if you looked into the trailers and read/seen rumors):

In the first half of the movie, we see Godzilla running rampant destroying cities all over. Monarch realizes that the world needs to find a solution, so they go to Skull island and recruit Kong to take down Godzilla. Then K and G have some battles with no real victor, but eventually Kong, with his axe, cuts Godzilla's skin, and it is revealed that it is NOT Godzilla at all, but really MechaGodzilla, and then MG drops the rest of the fake skin as it is no longer needed. The world now asks, 'Where is Godzilla?' and that they really do need their protector.

All the while Monarch has been exploring the hollow earth that we saw in KOTM, and they find that Godzilla is in his new home, since his previouis was destroyed in KOTM, is somehow being held captive by the people who built MG. Monarch finally figures out how to release Godzilla and he finally makes his appearance and is pissed, and he then teams with Kong to take down MG, Kong goes back to Skull island, but Godzilla is fatally wounded and dies, and he gets a hero's send off.

Either in the closing shots of the movie, or in a post credits scene, we see a new, young Godzilla being hatched, sleeping, or waking up.

As rumors of a 4th movie are already swirling.

EDIT: I have not read a plot summary, or delved into spoilers, I'm basing this on what is most obvious.
              Last edited by Powder; 03-03-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• I was completely wrong on the plot. The fight scenes were amazing, and the overall plot was a little kooky, but still great.

Comment

• I cannot believe that these words are coming out of MY mouth. Godzilla: KOTM is a better movie than GvK. The overall story, plot, and human aspect was a good story. I know that GvK is not about the human aspect, but the movie did not explain any (with any real sufficiency) what happened to the other titans. Why was Serizawa's son the pilot for MG? How did Apex get the Ghidorah skulls? What happened to Alan Jonah and his Ecoterrorists? Where is the rest of Monarch and their outposts and weapons? What about the other titans that are still sleeping? KOTM left off with such a great ending, and GvK had amazing fight scenes, but the rest of it was somewhat blah and did not address basically every that KOTM set up.
                  Last edited by Powder; 04-05-2021, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Accepting bro dates for Black Widow and F9. My girlfriend doesn't keep up with either franchise.

Comment

• I just purchased a new 58” television and newish couches if you want to come kick it on July 9th for Black Widow. Making homemade pizza and hot wings. BYOB

Comment

• Will there be Spam?

Comment

• My girlfriend is from Saipan, so there’s always Spam, rice, soy sauce and cheap ramen in the pantry.
                          Last edited by meandi; 06-29-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• F9 is the epitome of "mindless action flick". I enjoy every movie in this franchise so when I say it's not the best out of nine movies that's not necessarily a knock on it. Cena's acting is progressing nicely.

Comment

Working...
                            X