This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Season 2022

Not had anything on the Baseball so far this year. Join in if you follow it.

Powder, guess you have to be pretty happy with how things are going.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

OMFG there is such a huge difference this year!

What a difference a manager can make! Showalter has managed to take this group and make them a team. Everyone is contributing! AND we will get better when DeGrom finally returns.

The Sox better get their act together soon because your division is scary.

Comment

Yeah Sox have been pretty bad so far this year. That long road trip in particular was brutal. A big, big part of me is tempted to just follow the scores and only watch other teams who can actually score runs. I probably won't do that but boy, is it tempting.

Comment

I hear you...now you may know what it's like to be a Met fan....lol

But the feeling around NY sand MLB is that the Mets just feel different this year. Steve Cohen is also such a difference.

Case in point, the Mets DFAed Cano! We have 39 million left to pay him over the next 2 years, but the GM went to Cohen and said that he wanted to get rid of him, and Cohen asked: What is the best baseball decision? and the answer was to essentially cut Cano!

Fantastic! The Wilpons would have kept him and played him and caused a hole in the lineup.

Comment

I keep telling myself that it's still better than 2020 at least, but in a way it's worse, because we knew we were going to suck that season. We're supposed to be improving this year and the bats have just gone dead.

But yeah, enough of my worries because we thumped the Angels and who knows, maybe that's the key to them getting back on track.

Still early days but the Mets do feel 'for real' so far, and since they aren't at full strength yet.... well, I imagine there's a few people starting to dream about what's possible already.

Comment

All I can hope for is the playoffs, especially with the expanded format.

Comment

Everyone catch the Yankees walking it off last night? Judge was due. Surprised the Jays relief staff set the table in the way they did, but I'll take it

Comment

I heard about it, but didn't go away and seek it out (for what I'm sure you can imagine are obvious reasons!).

Sounds like it was a.... fiery series, lets say, between Yankees and White Sox.

Red Sox bats have finally woken up over the last week or so, and suddenly the pitching weaknesses look a lot less glaring when they've got a bit of a cushion to play with.

Comment

My Mets are still HOT!

Comment

Just left Citi Field an hour or two ago. Fun place.

Comment

Yes it is. Good game too. Where were your seats?

Comment

Not the greatest. Didn't feel like spending too much, so...
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

As the resident Yankees fan here, I will give the Mets the nod in building a far better modern stadium than the Yankees did. I left NYC not all that long after both stadiums were erected so haven't been able to catch any NY home games in a long time, but Citi Field is great!

Comment

TO, left field landing zone are good seats. I've sat there a few times.

And BK I agree. New Yankee Stadium is a marble cathedral that should be in Greece. It is beautiful, but not a baseball stadium. Citi Field is a great fan experience, and there really are no bad things about the stadium except that it is an homage to the Dodgers.

Comment

I also went to a Yankees game on Tuesday. Got SRO tickets for $15. Lucked into this spot...
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X