The Euro 2020 Prediction Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freeman View Post
    for being more optimistic than any of us England fans!
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he was actually being pessimistic.....

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Originally posted by Freeman View Post
      Before I post my predictions... Shee - you're the only one who predicted that England would get this far in the pre tournament bonus questions mate. However, you simply answered "final" rather than "beaten finalists" or "winner." So, I will take your answer as beaten finalists, so you won't get the points if England win. However, this does leave you with an interesting choice. Since the bonus question 4 so eloquently alludes to England's fate, you could either guarantee yourself a bonus by answering yes, or you could go double or nothing by saying we'll balls it up. That said, I nearly decided to give you the points anyway, for being more optimistic than any of us England fans!
      Thanks Freeman. And whilst I'm one of the few Irishmen hoping England win it, I do have to be honest and and confirm my prediction of "Final" was indeed with a meaning of beaten finalists! So I do agree I should only get the points if England lose! It will make my Bonus 4 pick all the more interesting.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Shee View Post

Thanks Freeman. And whilst I'm one of the few Irishmen hoping England win it, I do have to be honest and and confirm my prediction of "Final" was indeed with a meaning of beaten finalists! So I do agree I should only get the points if England lose! It will make my Bonus 4 pick all the more interesting.... :-)
        Ha, sorry Shee, I did you a disservice there!

Comment

Sunday 11th July 2021

Italy vs England (DOUBLE POINTS) (20:00, London) 2-1

BONUS 1: Name a player who will register an assist in this round. Marco Verratti

BONUS 2: Who will be man of the match in the final? (according to whoscored.com) Gianluigi Donnarumma

BONUS 3: Which player will score the final goal in Euro 2020? (for clarification, extra time does count, but penalty shootouts do not) Raheem Sterling

And... special omg England are in the final bonus...

BONUS 4: Is it fucking come lads? (for clarification, the only acceptable answers are either "Yes, it's fucking coming home you cunts" or "No, it's England, you silly soppy cunt") Yes, it's fucking coming home you cunts

Comment

Italy 5-0 England (DOUBLE POINTS) (20:00, London)

BONUS 1: Name a player who will register an assist in this round. Immobile

BONUS 2: Who will be man of the match in the final? (according to whoscored.com) Immobile

BONUS 3: Which player will score the final goal in Euro 2020? (for clarification, extra time does count, but penalty shootouts do not).

Harry Kane but it will be an own goal as the river of tears coming from him carries the ball into the net. To clarify my answer is Harry Kane.

BONUS 4: Is it fucking come lads? (for clarification, the only acceptable answers are either "Yes, it's fucking coming home you cunts" or "No, it's England, you silly soppy cunt")

No. Or at least I really really hope not.

Deadline: Sunday 11th July 2021. 19:58

Comment

Italy 3-1 England (DOUBLE POINTS) (20:00, London)

BONUS 1: Name a player who will register an assist in this round. Kane

BONUS 2: Who will be man of the match in the final? (according to whoscored.com) Verratti

BONUS 3: Which player will score the final goal in Euro 2020? (for clarification, extra time does count, but penalty shootouts do not). Jorginho

BONUS 4: Is it fucking come lads? (for clarification, the only acceptable answers are either "Yes, it's fucking coming home you cunts" or "No, it's England, you silly soppy cunt")

I'll go with Freeman's doubling down advice go for "No, it's England, you still soppy cunt".

Sorry lads, but there's a competition to be won....
              Last edited by Shee; 07-11-2021, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Sunday 11th July 2021

Italy 0-0 England

BONUS 1: Name a player who will register an assist in this round. Insigne

BONUS 2: Who will be man of the match in the final? (according to whoscored.com) Chiesa

BONUS 3: Which player will score the final goal in Euro 2020? (for clarification, extra time does count, but penalty shootouts do not) Chiesa

BONUS 4: Is it fucking come lads? I wouldn't have framed it like this because I think this team are really different so it's not just the old 'England' tag, but since you asked for it.... No, it's England, you silly soppy cunt

Comment

Not to pre-empt it.... but I think I may have it? Me with 2+5, then Shee with his double-down, then Freeman with six points for getting 1-1?

No offence, but I'd rather have been wrong on the prediction that made sure and have us win the Euros, mind.

Comment

FINAL UPDATE

Football came Rome in the end, and so wraps up what has been a very enjoyable and entertaining tournament. That also wraps up the final round and the Euro 2020 Prediction Contest here too (obviously.)

Prime Time was player of the round, predicting the correct result, if not the correct score. That didn't matter though, because he nailed the bonus about England not bringing it home this time round. As for your other Round 4 bonuses, Trippier was the only player to notch up an assist, and Bonucci was both your man of the match and the final goalscorer.

OUTSTANDING BONUSES

There were a couple of bonuses to call in from the pre tournament questions. Prime Time correctly predicted Ronaldo as the golden boot winner, and Shee correctly predicted England would be beaten finalists. As for the other bonuses, Italy were obviously winners, Donnarumma was player of the tournament and Pedri was young player of the tournament, which no one guessed correctly.

All that said, there can only be one winner, and that man is...

PRIME TIME!

Like the Italians, the best man won. Your Premier League Predictions contest organiser was overall best player and best match predictor, and deserved winner. Congratulations sir. Shee is a worthy runner up, I finished third and Ollie finished fourth. Spare a thought for Gooner in fifth place, with a score of 41 in match predictions alone, but was let down by bonus questions. Cook, nonaldinho, Mazza and Sheep round off the rest of the table. Speaking of which, here's the final standings:

SCORES ON THE DOORS

As with all previous rounds, here is a breakdown of your final round scores:

Well, that's it from me gents. Thanks to all of you for playing, I had an absolute blast organising this thing, and I hope we get to do this again. Freeman out!

Comment

Thanks for organising Freeman! I seem to remember I always do bad at the bonuses, might need to start being sneaky and copy somebody elses from now on!

Comment

Yeah cheers for doing all this Freeman, and congrats to Prime on the victory.

Comment

Well done Prime. (little consolation I'm sure)

And thanks for running this Freeman, was really enjoyable. Bonuses were a lot of fun!

Comment

Cheers guys, really enjoyed it.

Comment

Thanks guys, and especially to Freeman for what was pristine organisation.

Comment

Thanks mate, and congrats again on the win.

Comment

Working...
                                X