No announcement yet.

MLB 2021 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You should take Stanton out at the knees. He killed you guys this weekend.

But you have time, and the Yankees do have the blue Jays, but since the Jays clinched, they may be resting players....soo..

Comment

A desperately depressing series. Just had to take one of the games and couldn't even manage it.

Our sole salvation might be that the Blue Jays and Yankees play each other three times, and they can't both win. Yankees then move on to the Rays who are obviously already home as you say. But the onus is on us to beat the Orioles because we'll put ourselves basically there. It could be that all we'd have to do is avoid getting swept by the Nationals.

Having said that - the way we capitulated there, if we don't make it.... well, I can't say it won't be deserved. And if the Yankees lose the series to the Blue Jays but sweep the Rays, or if Seattle or Oakland can go on a late tear, we'll pay the price for it.

Although saying that.... I'm not sure I'd back us to beat the Yankees in a one-game match after that series even if we had to play them in the wildcard. Let's face it, they've got to have the psychological edge after that one, coming so soon before the playoffs.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

Comment

Well, potential madness in the AL wildcard. Rays have done everyone a favour and they could do it again with one more win.

Possibility of a four way tie remains, too.

Comment

Mariners need a comeback but it's lining up everywhere else

Comment

Devers, Verdugo came up in the clutch.

Now the small matter of getting past being swept and knocking off the Yanks in a one game winner takes all at Fenway.

Comment

LET"S GO SOX!!!

Fuck the Yankees!

Comment

Powder - you know that this sort of reaction is what gets Yankees fans, like myself, out of bed in the morning. Well that and our storied history, but the pure hatred does always make me smile.

Comment

It's great that you made the playoffs, by backing in, needing to beat a resting Tampa team on day 162, in the 9th inning.

Is it possible that the Yankees will beat the sox in a 1 game playoff...sure. But that is as far as they will go.

AND the Yankees are in trouble. Will they resign Gallo? Rizzo? Sanchez? Torres? and will they give a 7-10 year deal for an injury prone Judge? Let alone the fact they they do not have any pitching, with the exception of Mr. Spider Tack, a 2 time cheater (Astros and spider tack). Funny how the Yankees embraced him. The Yankees will be relevant, but it will get harder and harder for them in the very near future. The Jays are legit, so are the Sox, and Tampa is the class of the division. The Yankees are in serious trouble.

Admittedly my Mets, sucked since the All Star break, and set a record for being the team in first for the longest time (103 days) and then failing to make the playoffs, and ending up in last place. SMH. These guys cannot stay healthy.
                  Last edited by Powder; 10-04-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I'm not suggesting the current lineup is the 98 Yankees, but I feel like every year every hater comes out and talks about how the Yankees will be overtaken in the Division. The Jays are young, the Rays have a stacked lineup and are Yankee Kryptonite, can't overlook the Sox, yet here we are...another year and another playoff berth.

And yeah, your Mets did suck in the back half of the season. The difference I have as a Yankees fan is that I don't care enough about the Mets to trash them if they were good and the Yankees were bad. Perhaps if the Yankees fall off a cliff for a couple decades and the Mets become the franchise of NY, my tune might change. I came into my baseball fandom in 1986, as a Yankees fan through and through. As a 7 year old I was mocked by Mets fans friends and I don't hate the Mets, I just don't think about them that much. I chuckle when I see them implode, but only because I picture many of my Mets fan friends throwing shit and getting worked up...again. I earned my Yankee fandom - I put up with the Steve Sax years as a Yankees fan. I don't love their current lineup, but I love the organization, the lineage, their resurgence both in the 70s and the 90s.

To be fair and to stay somewhat on topic, do I root against teams? Hells yes I do. I root against the Red Sox every chance I get. They are a divisional rival, they are a geographical rival, and as someone who went to school in New England, I endured a very large amount of Yankee hate. That was the late 90s early aughts though, so well...it was usually a scoreboard type situation for me. I'm not suggesting rooting against a franchise is uncommon, misdirected, or misguided, I've just always gotten a kick out of the Yankees being the de facto hated franchise for anyone that's not Yankees fan. I guess they're just really good heels.
                    Last edited by BK-097; 10-04-2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

They do always find a way, it seems. What is it now, missed the playoffs once in the last seven? So you can't knock that. But this time out, sneaking into the second wildcard feels like an underachievement. No one was picking them to finish with the same record as the Red Sox at the start of the year, and I think most people I heard were saying they were set up to push for the division. Third in the end. So it's a bit flat.

That said, they can obviously wipe a lot of that away if they go deep here. Obviously they'd love to end our season at Fenway. If they end up winning the ALCS no one will remember that their regular season was ultimately pretty underwhelming. And they only need a couple of people to click to give anyone a game over 5 or 7.

There we are. That's as nice as I'm going to be about the Yankees!

Comment

JD Martinez is out for tonight.....SMH.

Comment

Turns out it didn't matter. Outplayed them pretty comprehensively. Though it shows the danger of the one-game format, that you only have to change a couple of things and that's potentially a much closer game. Still - the ball didn't run that way, and Sox out-hit, out-pitched, and out-walked the Yankees. Even their mistakes weren't as costly.

Red Sox vs Rays now. Sounds like Martinez may not be back for that series either, going by the reports of his ankle being 'humongous'.

Comment

Too bad for JD, but congrats to the Sox. They earned it.

Comment

The Sox earned that one for sure. And on the flip side (and to be fair), the Yankees certainly earned what they got.
                              Last edited by BK-097; 10-06-2021, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Ooof. Rough first couple of games. Very one sided. Both Red Sox and White Sox could be out before long at this rate.

Comment

Working...
                                X