2021 Ryder Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Ryder Cup

Just read today that there's been a U-turn and they actually started thinking of doing the Ryder Cup this year with no fans.

As someone on Twitter pointed out, that's like re-making Jaws without the shark.

"The worst moron is the one too stupid to realise they're a moron."

They should get drum-banging robots like Taiwan is using in their baseball league.

Comment

This is going to take place in around two months from now, so I guess we're back on this being in odd-numbered years.

Comment

Haven't caught up on the highlights yet but from what I heard sounded like a good start for the US?

Comment

Yeah Europe are looking a bit out of their depth. An hour ago it looked like they may claw back some points in this morning's foursomes but things quickly changed and tomorrow could end up being totally redundant.

Comment

Some really disappointing European performances. The pundits are calling it bad putting, but for me they've been shoddy from the tee which has made making the green in a decent position very hard. McIlroy looks shot to bits, they even stopped showing his shots on Sky Sports towards the end as it was such a formality.

Rahm and Garcia aside (they've been by far the best of the Europeans), it's going to form. The US have a team made up almost exclusively of top 20 players in the world.

Comment

I've not watched every minute but have seen both fourballs during the evening and now you mention I hardly saw McIlroy hit a shot. The world rankings were a talking point going in but with golf being an individual sport I wasn't sure it'd affect the team format too much but Johnson and Morikawa have been outstanding, and Bryson has come to the fore a lot as well.

I'd say Hatton and Hovland have done a decent job for Europe as well but given the form going in I'm almost hesitant to say the rest have underperformed as they've not been "performing" recently anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X