Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypnospace Outlaw was one of my favorite gaming experiences from the past couple of years. It was such a massive nostalgia trip for me.

I finished up Death Stranding this weekend. I spent about 55 hours on the game through to the end. It was a fun experience, definitely a different kind of game and story. I can understand why people are split on liking or disliking it, but I enjoyed it a lot. The world is huge and beautifully built, but the game is essentially all glorified fetch quests - pick this one thing up, deliver it there to progress. It can get tedious, but the story kept things interesting for me. I also spent about 15 hours on non-essential story stuff like building roads and zip-lines to make my life easier, but in the end I probably could have bypassed all that stuff with no bearing on gameplay. I can't outright recommend this game, but I'd tell people to see if they can play the first few hours to check if it's something they can get into.

Not sure what to play next. Maybe I'll continue with the Halo games or pick something up in the current Steam summer sale before it closes up.

Comment

• Has anyone picked up Disco Elysium? Hearing great things about it.

For the first time in years (like literally 10/11 years) I've not played a game for the past month or two, so looking for a new recommendation if anyone has any out there? PC or Xbox, story-based?

Comment

• Never even heard of that one, you'll have to let us know if it's good! Not sure I could recommend anything you're not already familiar with...

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

• Just started some Indy game called Breath of the Wild. Seems decent enough so far.

Comment

• So nobody plays games any more?

I've awakened to the sadistic artistry known as the Soulsborne games. Currently chipping away at Dark Souls 3's dlc.

Comment

• Loved Darks Souls 1 & 2, always meant to get into more in that vein. Currently working on Dragon Age: Inquisition, which is probably bigger than it needs to be but I'm really loving it actually. They put a lot of work into it after DA2 was a bit thin on content.

Comment

• Recently beat Farcry 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy. Pissed about using 36 GB of hotspot to update Days Gone just to be disappointingly unimpressed by it.

Comment

• Finally got my ps5 ordered after trying to get access to stock for the past few months. Got a few ps4 backlog games I want to get through first but looking forward to the new games coming up in 2022.

Comment

• 14 million PS5s sold and I'd be happy with just one. When they're in stock I don't have the money and when I had the money they weren't in stock.

There's been a few times I've walked into GameStop and could've walked out with either version of Xbox. Go figure.

Comment

• To be fair I had to purchase a bundle as they had run out of single disc editions, but considering I got a second controller and spiderman:miles morales, it seemed a good enough deal.

Buzzard, not sure if it's applicable to you, but some twitter pages have decent stock alerts for when stuff goes live, if you're happy purchasing it online.

Comment

• My friend and my brother are both trying to get the new X Box with the disc drive and it's amazing how frustrating it's been for them. Crazy times.

Recently played through Hades, which was superb for the first part if maybe a bit repetitive if you want to complete all the story stuff. Went back to Dragon Age: Inquisition to play through the DLC, then probably gonna start Nier Automata after that.

Comment

• Finally secured a PS5. Posting this on Sunday and it'll be here Wednesday.

Comment

• Congrats! What are you gonna play first?

Was playing the original Mass Effect but took a break to pick up Dark Souls 3. Really enjoying both.

Comment

• Bought Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and Deathloop while waiting, and I'll be preordering the new Horizon. Outside of Astro's Playroom I'll probably play Ratchet/Clank first.

Comment

• A friend of mine just played the new Ratchet and Clank and really enjoyed it! Hope you do as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X