Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice, that one does look quite interesting... I'm slowing going through Dragon Age: Origins, very fun and clearly very detailed. Wish I had a bit more time to play, but that's how it goes in the adult world.

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

• I finally finished CrossCode. I didn't think I played that much but Steam says I logged in 55 hours into it, which is pretty crazy how all that time accumulated. In any case, I really loved the game. Everything was really well-done, from the story to the combat to the puzzles. The game was pretty challenging at times, but it was a welcome challenge where you probably needed a few tries to learn how to beat a boss or some time to figure how to solve one of the dungeon puzzles. I'd recommend it to anyone who's a fan of action RPGs like Chrono Trigger. After finishing the game I saw there's some CrossCode DLC which I promptly purchased and might begin playing.

I also managed to pick up a few cheap games that I might pick up first to switch things up. I got the new Battletoads game that came out last year for $5 - the NES game was one of my favorites growing up so I'm really curious to see how they remade it for the modern era. I also got the whole Halo: Master Chief collection for less than $20. I never played any of the series, but it's one of those I was always curious to see what the hype was about back then. The PC release has been getting a lot of good reviews from people who played the originals, so I got these to finally check them out myself.

Comment

• Finished Miles Morales and signed up for Playstation Plus. Started playing God of War and Ratchet and Clank. Always enjoyed Ratchet and Clank back when I had a PS2

Comment

• Fun stuff! Played the new God of War awhile back and thought it was very fun, different than the originals but in a very interesting way. Baby time has not given me much time for games but still plugging away at the first Dragon Age, which has been a blast.

Comment

• Very proud of the fact that I just beat Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order on the second hardest difficulty, Jedi Master. Starting Persona 5 Royal now while also plugging away at Hades on the Switch.

Comment

• How is Hades? I've heard vaguely good things but not much specific.

Comment

• Very addicting. Never really got into isometric rogue-like games but I've found myself losing hours to this game.

Comment

• Finally finished Ratchet & Clank. I forgot how difficult those boss battles could be. Of course I'm still getting back into the swing of things not having a PS since 2. Anyways, now back to God of War. I've read good things about the Village, so that might be on my list.

Comment

• I got the New Pokemon Snap just because I'm a 34 year old kid.

Comment

• Really enjoying the 2018 God of War. Just got to "The Sickness" and acquired the blades from the old game. Now we're rolling. Love those things.

Comment

• That game kicked ass! Different than the originals but in some ways better.

Working on a few games right now. I tried hard to get into Death Stranding but I think I gotta bail. Some parts were really interesting but some were just obnoxiously difficult, plus with a newborn I don't need a game where a baby cries at you all the time. Right now working on Silent Hill: Homecoming and Dragon Age 2. Enjoying both.

Comment

• Rolling credits on a 135 hr Persona 5 Royal experience. Loved every aspect of it and definitely one of the best JRPGS ever made.

Bout to start on the Mass Effect collection. Never played one before.

Comment

• Originally posted by mizfan View Post
                            I tried hard to get into Death Stranding but I think I gotta bail. Some parts were really interesting but some were just obnoxiously difficult, plus with a newborn I don't need a game where a baby cries at you all the time.
                            Coincidentally I began playing Death Stranding a few weeks ago and really got into it. I kinda avoided it for a while because it was one of those games where people either love it or hate it and I thought I wouldn't enjoy it. I can understand why some people can't get into it (although I can't relate with the crying baby part, haha), since it's really slow and difficult in the beginning. But the game picks up eventually and feels easier as you level up and gain access to more materials. For me, it's been a really fun experience. The environment is really cool, the story is interesting, and building stuff is oddly relaxing.

Before that I got the Halo: Master Chief collection on the PC and played through the single-player campaigns for Halo 1, 2 and 3. They were fun, a lot harder than expected. Or maybe I just suck nowadays with first-person shooters. I'll eventually get back to it to play through the other games in the series.

Comment

• Perhaps I'll try the game again a bit later on, when I don't have a real life crying baby every day lol. I did find parts of the game very interesting. I felt like the menu interfaces needed some real work, it was hard to even figure out how to arrange my payload at times.

Right now playing through "It Takes Two", which is an extremely fun co-op game that I highly recommend. Also finished Hypnospace Outlaw, which was bizarre and a lot of reading but very fun, though I did use some guidance to figure out what to do next.

Comment

• Persona 4 and 5 are two of my favorite JRPGs. Trying to fill their void is actually what got me into The Trails series, which is now my favorite JRPG series of all-time. It's now nine games deep in the west, and that's roughly half the story. Because of two fan made games, those in the west now have access to everything that's come out so far, minus one which just came out in Japan.

There are 3 Trails in the Sky games on Steam.

Then Trails to Zero and Trails of Azure, which can be played through a fan made group, Geofront

Then there are 4 games, Trails of Cold Steel on the Ps4.

A new one came out in Japan last year, which covers all the loose ends of the four Cold Steel games.

A new arc begins in 2021 in Japan. This will be the fourth location on the continent that the game visits, as the story continues to evolve and tie itself to each location at the same time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X