Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never played any FarCry myself, but it does look interesting. One of these days, maybe...

Deg, I was gonna say it sounded like you were closer to the end than you realized! I blasted my way straight through the Ash Tray Maze the first time I did it, I was so pumped I don't think I stopped moving once. Really glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you hunt down all the secret stuff and go through the DLC as well. Are you on X Box or PS4? I think there's an extra mission for PS4 than I've never played, so jealous if so. Did you discover clock world yet?

The '92 Rumble! The Brain's Finest Hour!

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzard Guts View Post
      Have you ever played Farcry 3 before? Like many it was my introduction to the series and has one of the best villains in video games.
      I've never played any of the series before. After doing some searching online, I saw Far Cry 3 as the most recommended one in the series for newbies to get into. Since it was so cheap it couldn't hurt to try it out. Looking forward to it.

Originally posted by mizfan View Post
      Deg, I was gonna say it sounded like you were closer to the end than you realized! I blasted my way straight through the Ash Tray Maze the first time I did it, I was so pumped I don't think I stopped moving once. Really glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you hunt down all the secret stuff and go through the DLC as well. Are you on X Box or PS4? I think there's an extra mission for PS4 than I've never played, so jealous if so. Did you discover clock world yet?
      I'm playing it on the PC (and with my fancy graphics card, the game looks absolutely amazing with raytracing on). I didn't know the console versions had different missions, so I'm unsure if the PC has all of them. I did do the mission with the clocks (and the anchor) - that was a wild one to do.

I played a little bit after finishing the main story and noticed that there's all new dialogue with the other characters and I already have a new mission. I really like that they give you more stuff to do after the game, and have a plausible reason why there's still Hiss all over the place. I checked a list of side missions to get a sense of what I didn't do, and I think I already nailed all of them except the new one. Guess I'll have to pick up the DLC pretty soon.

EDIT: Just wrapped up the last side mission, it seems. Just bought the DLC so I'll pick up on it later this week.
      Last edited by Degenerate; 07-15-2020, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• The first line Jesse says after the main story is done is one of my favorite things, LOL. Enjoy the Foundation, I had a blast with it!

Comment

• Anyone playing Ghost of Tsushima yet? I'll probably pick it up next weekend.

Comment

• Whenever I see a Sony or Xbox exclusive game like that, I get tempted for a bit to get a used console just for those games. Hopefully it's one of those games that eventually makes it to the PC because it looks really awesome.

Comment

• The only game I would potentially buy a console just for would be Breath of the Wild. I truly believe Sony has the best exclusives in the market, so I've decided to be a loyalist for as long as I can only financially support just one console. Still, it eats me up that I will never have access to such an amazing game.

Comment

• Sorry for the double, but on a different subject....

Just beat Farcry 5. All in all a really good game that managed to change up the traditional formula enough to adequately "hold the series over", so to speak, until the next gen entry. Replacing it's place in rotation with Ratchet and Clank.

Comment

• Only Far Cry I've played is Far Cry Primal which was pretty fun but not really my type of game. Have played a lot of that kind of Ubisoft game though, Assassin Creed being an old go to.

Right now am about half way through Last of Us 2 which is super intense but awesome.
                  SIR SAM'S COURT
                  An Ode To Judas + AEW Dynamite Notes
                  @Sir_Samuel

Comment

• Beat Ratchet and Clank and got Ghost of Tsushima today. R&C was an absolute blast and just as fun as I remember it being as a child. Really impressed with GoT so far but reserving my general assessment of it until I've put a dozen or so hours into it.

Comment

• Just wrapped up the Foundation DLC for Control. It was a nice expansion of the main story. My main gripe with this was that the locations were a bit on the bland side of things - just the same cave and astral plane layouts for everything. Wish they had done something more unique or crazy like they did in some spots of the original game. Still, it really gave a lot more depth to the entire Control universe. I feel like they can create ten more expansion packs and still have enough unique stories to cover them all. I really hope they can do one that explains what happened with Dr. Darling.

While the next DLC is released sometime in the next month or two, I'll start playing some Far Cry 3.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, I did really enjoy the mission to cleanse the movie camera. That was my favorite part of the expansion by far. I wanted more of that.
                      Last edited by Degenerate; 07-30-2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• I loved the Sunken Department in that, and the piece of Astral Plane that invaded the bathroom. XD Some of the extra altered items were great as well, I loved everything about the Camera especially. Getting to know what happened to Darling is definitely super high on my list.

Currently playing Infamous: Second Son. I loved the first two, so far this one isn't grabbing me as much but I'm still early on.

Comment

• The amount of creative ways Ghost of Tsushima gives you to be a legit badass is astounding.

Comment

• What games is Ghost of Tsushima like? From the limited stuff I've seen has said it is like a stylised Ubisoft open world game which doesn't interest me a whole lot but you guys seem to really enjoy it.
                            SIR SAM'S COURT
                            An Ode To Judas + AEW Dynamite Notes
                            @Sir_Samuel

Comment

• It kinda reminds me Horizon Zero Dawn. From the story parallels to the living, breathing environment of the open world. Even the healing is pretty much the same.

All this conversation about it finally got me to break down and get Control. Probably gonna start on it once I'm finished with Ghost.

Comment

• Yeeeeah Control!!

Comment

Working...
                                X